Thursday, September 6, 2012

Experimental Potato Salad

This was the second time I made homemade potato salad. The first time I used too many radishes and it became a little too peppery. Since it was Labor Day weekend, and some of my coworkers were getting together for a barbecue, the first thing that came to mind for me to bring to the barbecue was potato salad. Most store-bought potato salad has too much mayo in it. I think I still need to tweak the recipe a bit, but overall it was a huge success at the barbecue.
Mmm...bacon

Giant pot of boiling water and potatoes while bacon was cooking on another pan

Big bowl with celery

Cut up bacon with some kitchen scissors, also I use chopsticks to turn the bacon in the pan to keep from scratching non-stick pans

Finished product!


Experimental Potato Salad
Ingredients

  • 6 med red potatoes cubed
  • 6 slices of bacon cooked and cut into bits
  • 2 stalks of celery diced
  • 1/4 cup mayo
  • 1 tbsp dijon mustard
  • 1/2 tsp lemon juice
  • garlic powder to taste
  • salt and pepper to taste
Procedure

  1. Boil the cubed potatoes in a large pot until cooked then drain and place in large bowl.
  2. Mix in the rest of the ingredients in the large bowl.
  3. Let cool in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment