Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Baked Coconut and Oatmeal Breaded Chicken Nuggets

I had this craving for chicken nuggets but I didn't feel like buying bread crumbs or shelling out money for Chik-Fil-A. So I got coconut flakes instead and threw in some oatmeal and milk for this experimental breading/batter. I got the proportions wrong and the presentation wasn't that great, but that just means I know what I can adjust next time: more of the dry ingredients or less milk. As far as experiments go, this one was quite tasty. I ate it with some honey mustard, but it tasted pretty good without any dipping sauce.

The ingredients
Before baking

After baking. Looks are deceiving. These are actually pretty tasty.

Baked Coconut and Oatmeal Breaded Chicken Nuggets
Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 2/3 cup skim milk
  • ~ 1 lb chicken cut into nugget sized pieces
Procedure

  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
  2. Mix the oatmeal, coconut flakes, flour and milk into a shallow dish.
  3. Coat the pieces of chicken in the breading. Then place on cookie sheet.
  4. Bake for 45 min. Serve with honey mustard or whatever dipping sauce you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment