Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Beef Stroganoff

Today I wanted to cook a recipe from scratch. I looked back at my recent postings and have found that I have been lazy lately. I've just been finding recipes on the internet to cook. So I picked something simple but delicious to cook--a Laureen Recipe. My goal this year is to simplify my recipes. I don't have enough time to cook for 2 hours a day. It also wouldn't hurt to spend less money on expensive ingredients or spices that I only use a little of.  Beef stroganoff is quick, simple, and delicious.  Notice how short the ingredient list is compared to some of the other recipes I have posted. Also, mushrooms are delicious. Most recipes call of ridiculous amounts of sour cream and beef broth, but I wanted to go healthier. On a side note, beef broth has way too much sodium in it and I don't think I'll ever buy it when I could just as easily use chicken broth.
Mushrooms and onions! Yeah!
I effing' love mushrooms!



Sexy and saucy.

Noms.

Beef Stroganoff
Ingredients
  • 1/2 lb sirloin petite steak, cut into small pieces
  • egg noodles
  • 8 oz. baby bella/cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
  • 3 tbsp sour cream
  • 2 tsp corn starch
  • 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 tbsp butter
  • salt and pepper
Procedure

  1. Cook onions with the butter in a non-stick pan on medium heat. Stir occasionally.
  2. In a pot, boil water and cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions.
  3. Add in mushrooms, salt and pepper to the pan. Cook down the mushrooms until the pan is full of the mushroom juices.
  4. Push mushrooms aside until they take up half of the pan. Add the beef to the pan (see picture above). Stir occasionally. Cook until the meat is no longer pink. 
  5. Mix in the sour cream. Stir until evenly mixed.
  6. Stir in the corn starch to thicken the sauce. Cook until sauce has thickened.
  7. Serve beef stroganoff over the egg noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment