Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tuna Pasta Salad with Yogurt Dressing

Short entry today. I am rushing to post something before getting ready for work tomorrow. Just wanted to note that for most of my experiments I guess the proportions and if I use the same quantity for most of the ingredients, it's because I didn't feel like using and washing another measuring spoon. The garbage disposal has a tendency to eat the measuring spoons so I'd prefer to use as few at a time as I can. I wonder if other cooks/chefs do that.

Om nom nom dressing. Looks legit!

Delicious!


Tuna Pasta Salad
Ingredients

  • ~1.5 cup frozen broccoli florets, defrosted
  • 4 oz of mushrooms cut into small pieces
  • 1/4 medium onion finely diced
  • 1 can tuna in water
  • ~8 oz cooked pasta (I used rotini)
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
The dressing
Ingredients

  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp oregano
  • 1/4 tsp basil
  • 4 tbsp non-fat Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes 
  • pepper to taste
Procedure

  1. Cook the mushrooms and onion in a pan with the olive oil on medium heat until mushrooms are cooked.
  2. Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
  3. Drain the water from the canned tuna. 
  4. In a large bowl, mix the dressing, tuna, mushrooms, onion, and broccoli.
  5. Serve chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment