Thursday, March 28, 2013

Very Experimental Hummus

I had a craving for hummus and an itching to buy a food processor to make some fun foods. I love kitchen gadgets! Originally I was going to use plain Greek yogurt instead of Tahini (because Tahini is expensive and I didn't have any around), but then I saw that my avocado had ripened quicker than I had anticipated so I decided to throw that in to see how it would turn out. You be the judge.
This is how I cut my mangoes too.




Look at that beautiful plating!

Serving suggestion. My dinner.

Very Experimental Hummus
Ingredients
  • 15.5oz can of chick peas
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp sesame oil
  • 1/4 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
Procedure
  1. Drain the can of chick peas and then rinse them in a colander.
  2. Cut the avocado in half, remove pit, and cut each half into small squares. See picture above.
  3. Measure out all ingredients and place into food processor.
  4. Pulse, blend, processor, etc. until hummus is the consistency you want.
  5. Serve over pita, bread, or crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment