Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Beefy Stroganoff and green beans

I just realized that I haven't posted in a month. Things haven't really been busy, but there really wasn't anything noteworthy to post. Yesterday I was bitten by the cooking bug after taking a short 4 hour nap. I made a grocery list and an hour and a half later I returned from Publix about $90 poorer, but totally thrilled. I didn't care that I spent so much money on only two weeks' worth of food or that it was 10PM and I still hadn't eaten dinner. I didn't want a quick meal. All I wanted was to get cooking. I'm glad to say that I was satisfied with the result.


The recipe for the beef stroganoff was from one of the Publix Apron's recipe cards that you can get for free at the store. I changed the recipe a bit, using half the amount of beef but putting in extra mushroom and onions. The green beans were something I had lying around was was seasoned with garlic salt and pepper. I'm going to really enjoying eating the leftovers.

On another note, I have some rather awesome Publix inspired meals to share in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment