Thursday, July 14, 2011

Spaghetti alfredo and meatballs

I wasn't expecting to make something worthy of a blog post for dinner tonight and then I remembered that I had all the fixings for alfredo sauce even though I didn't have fettuccine noodles to go with it. I sort of winged the recipe and it turned out pretty good though now I realize that stroganoff and alfredo have a lot in common as far is creamy white sauces go. Honestly, I'm not sure if I could tell the difference between alfredo and stroganoff. I guess you could say that alfredo is more cheesy and stroganoff is more sour creamy.


It would have been prettier if I had fettuccine noodles, but I think it turned out great with the materials that I had.

Mushroom Alfredo
Ingredients:
~8ox sliced mushrooms
~1 tbsp butter
garlic salt and pepper to taste
1 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesean cheese
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp corn starch
basil and oregano to taste (optional)

Procedure:
1. Melt butter in sauce pan at medium heat then add garlic and mushrooms.
2. Cook mushrooms in butter and garlic for approximately 3 minutes.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir regularly to make sure everything is melted and well mixed.
4. Cook mixture for about 10 minutes to let flavors mix.

1 comment: