Monday, November 5, 2012

Butternut Squash and Lentil pancakes

It's 5:30PM and I am tired from a long day at work. What to cook for dinner? I was feeling lazy and apathetic. I was about to make a sandwich until I spied the leftovers I had in my fridge from previous cooking projects: cooked lentils (from stew) and mashed butternut squash (from pie). The cooking took a bit longer than I thought it would, which always happens to me, but I really enjoyed this.





Butternut Squash and Lentil Pancakes (Warning: I am only estimating the ingredients. When I do this again I will edit this entry) 
Ingredients
  • ~ 1 cup cooked and mashed butternut squash
  • ~ 1 cup cooked lentils
  • 2 eggs
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 tsp cumin
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tsp flour
  • vegetabl oil (~ 1 tbsp)
Procedure
  1. Mix ingredients together in a large bowl.
  2. Pour 1 tbsp of oil into non-stick pan and set to medium heat.
  3. Pour a large spoon full (approximately 2 tbsp) of butternut squash and lentil pancake mixture into the pan.
  4. Cook pancake until you are able to easily flip it. (Approximately 3 minutes).
  5. Cook the other side of the pancake until golden brown.
  6. Repeat steps 3-5 until you run out of the mixture. Add oil to the pan if the pancakes start to stick a little.


1 comment: