Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Crockpot pot roast


Starting today I made a goal for myself to make a blog post every week. I started making a lot of personal goals today. I hope I can keep them. This blog will probably showcase more and more crock pot recipes since I'll be starting my crazy work schedule and will want to make something quick and easy. More quick and easy recipes should be appearing as well. I made a goal for myself to simplify my cooking and to reduce my time spent in the kitchen both cooking and cleaning.

As for this particular recipe, I had some left over chuck roast from some ropa vieja that I made and forgot to blog about. I figured a good pot roast could come out of it, so here you go.
cooking in the pot

pot roast served with garlic mashed potatoes!

Crockpot pot roast (adapted from Martha Stewart recipe)
Ingredients
  • 1-2 lb chuck roast
  • 18 baby carrots
  • 1 tbsp flour
  • 2 tbsp water
  • 1 stalk of celery cut into pieces
  • 1/4 onion chopped
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • salt and pepper
Procedure
  1. Mix the flour and water together until most of the flour dissolves. Pour into the crock pot. 
  2. Add baby carrots, celery and onion to the pot. Mix in some salt and pepper.
  3. Trim excess fat from the roast. Place in pot and drizzle the soy and balsamic vinegar over the roast. Sprinkle in some more salt and pepper (no more than 1/2 a tsp of salt and no more than 1/4 tsp of pepper).
  4. Cook on low for 10 hours or high for 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment