Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Honey Garlic Chicken Wings

Inspired by Super Bowl food and these amazing chicken wings I ate at a friend's  Super Bowl gathering, I decided that I should try out some chicken wing recipes. Gator's Dockside, Wing Zone, and Wing Stop were my favorite chicken wing places when I was in college. I know I can't recreate scooter sauce or Parmesan garlic, but I can at least try to create something to appease my sweet, savory, and spicy craving.
Raw chicken layed out

Honey Garlic Sauce

Saucy

Yummy

Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
Ingredients

  • 2 lb chicken wings
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 4 tbsp honey
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 tsp ground ginger
Procedure

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit .
  2. In a large bowl mix the soy sauce, water, honey, garlic, garlic powder, and ginger. Mix until the honey is dissolved.
  3. Dip each wing into the bowl of sauce. Make sure the wing is fully covered in sauce, then place wing in a 9 inch X 13 inch baking dish. Place wings so that they are close together but not touching.
  4. Pour the remainder of the sauce evenly over the wings.
  5. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
  6. Then uncover the baking dish and bake for another 10 minutes or until chicken wings are completely cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment