Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Simple Salsa

Simple Salsa
I call this simple salsa because I didn't add any extra frills even though I was really tempted to add pineapple or mango. Though I was tempted, I didn't have those ingredients and just stuck with the basics. Next time I might add cilantro. I didn't put it in this recipe because I only needed a little for salsa but they only sell it in large bunches in the store (for a reasonable price) and the smaller amount of cilantro is sold at an exorbitant price. Oh well, not everyone likes cilantro anyway.


Ingredients
  • 1/8 onion, minced (0.9 oz/25 g)
  • 2 med tomatoes diced, ( about 250 g/ 9 oz)
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (0.9 oz/25 g)
  • 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp lime juice
Procedure
  1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Serve with tortilla chips or with fajitas.

Simple Salsa
Estimated Nutrition Facts per Recipe
Total calories 
93
 Total fat  (mg)
648
Saturated fat  (mg)
106
Unsaturated fat (g)

Trans fat  (g)

Cholesterol  (g)
0
Sodium (mg)
643
Potassium (mg)

Total carbohydrates  (g)
20
Dietary fiber (g)
3
Sugar (g)
17
Protein (g)
4

No comments:

Post a Comment