Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Smoked Salmon Sushi

Making sushi is always time consuming and I always seem to have a lot of left over ingredients. However, I was in a sushi making mood and wanted to share this sushi roll idea with you. After a wine tasting class that came with a smoked salmon sandwich and an appropriately paired wine, I was inspired to make a sushi roll inspired by that sandwich. The sandwich was made with molecular gastronomy in mind. It had smoked salmon, goat cheese, fennel, and mint in it. So instead of a sandwich, I made a sushi roll with smoked salmon, cream cheese, fennel, and mint. Let's just say I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't have time to write down the specifics, but I wanted to share pictures.



Mint, cucumber, cream cheese, fennel, smoked salmon

1 comment: