Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 1: Thus begins a summer of food, photos, and fun

So I am starting this blog because I wanted to make a photodiary for this summer. I got the idea for a photodiary from Sierra's photodiary (I hope she doesn't mind me copying her idea). Then Peter says, "If you're going to do that, why don't you go all the way and start a blog?" And that's how this all started.

Oh and I bet you're wondering why this blog is called "Experimental Cookie Dough." Well to make a long story short, I was baking a pie and making the dough for the crust until I realized I did something wrong. Instead of tossing out the dough I decided to make cookie dough from my mistake. I made note of what I put in it just in case it turned out surprisingly good. You know what? It didn't turn out half bad. Now I have a recipe called "Experimental Cookie Dough" in my collection of scribbled down, clipped out recipes.

I hope to not only express my love for cooking and experimenting in the kitchen, but to also remember this summer. This will be the last summer before I have to find a job and start a new chapter in my life. I'm really hoping that new chapter in my life will actually involve a decent paying career because I really don't have a plan B.

I don't want to end in a negative note. Recently I've been trying to be more positive. Life's too short not to have a bit of fun every once in a while. That's something that I'm learning slowly. If I work too hard, I'm going to burn out. From where I stand now, this summer has the potential for many adventures both inside and out of the kitchen. : D

No comments:

Post a Comment